Ambria L. Lankford
Ambria has significant experience representing clients in complex litigation cases, including products liability, class actions, insurance coverage disputes, as well as labor and employment.
Ambria earned her J.D., Cum Laude, from the University of Alabama Law School in 2012. While in law school, she received many honors, including recognition and awards for oral advocacy, and she served as the Senior Editor for the Law & Psychology Review. She also obtained her B.S. (2009) from the University of Alabama (Honors Program), where she was awarded the prestigious Presidential Scholarship and was a National Achievement Scholar. Ambria served as Chair for the University Leadership program during that time.
After law school, Ambria clerked for Judge Abdul K. Kallon (2012-2013), U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama. More recently, her litigation experience includes positions at national (Bradley) and regional (Lanier Ford) law firms. Ambria has numerous professional associations, including being a proud member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated.
Outside of work, Ambria is very active in her church and community. She also serves on the J.F. Drake State Community & Technical College Foundation Board. Ambria previously served on other local junior boards such as Junior Achievement and Children’s Village of Birmingham.
Publications & Presentations
- Employment Law Update: What to Expect When You’re Expecting Changes, North Alabama Chapter of the Society for Human Resource Management (NASHRM), January 21, 2021
- ABA’s Model Rules of Professional Conduct, Annual Labor and Acquisition Law Symposia, North Alabama Chapter of the Federal Bar Association, December 2, 2020.
- ABA Compendium, Resolving Insurance Claim Disputes Before Trial, Alternative Dispute Resolution in Life Insurance Chapter, Spring 2018.
- DRI For the Defense, The Resurgence of Cost of Insurance Litigation in Universal Life Policies, August 2017.
- DRI LHD Committee Life Insurance Compendium, The Law of Life Insurance: Key Issues in Each State, Alabama.